Pair program with me! profile for carousel at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

4/06/2013

Vim bundle for coffeescript

Hello internet :)

I see that this blog is a bit rusty so let's give him some fresh air.
Along the work, the reason for my inactivity is that I discovered some great resources online that teach about ( take a deep breath, please ):

- testing ( oh yes I am becoming a real developer )
- coffeescript  ( now I don't have breath )
- mongodb ( let your data dance )
- advanced vim tutorial
- html5 cool features
- expressjs, jade...

I'll write about this later, but for now here are some tips for installing coffeescript plugin on vim. First go to git and pull this to your .vim/bundles folderhttps://github.com/kchmck/vim-coffee-script.git

Now the problem ofcourse is that settings for these great plugin are avaliable if you use pathogen plugin installer. But if you  use Vundle, which is more advanced that you'll have to make some slight tweeks in your .vimrc  Along with suggestions on forums, how to finally start you coffee syntax in vim, I couldn't do it.
And finally, magic happened - one more breath please: just put manually this line in your .vimrc file ( in the bundle list ) and it should work:
Bundle 'vim-coffee-script'
Happy Coding


No comments:

Post a Comment