Pair program with me! profile for carousel at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

11/06/2012

How to style chrome developer tools with CSS ?

I am a user and a big fun of chrome developer tools.  I use it daily as a part of my web-development.
Here is a tip how to customize your own dev. tools with custom css properties:

-  on Ubuntu/Linux find a Chrome config file - /home/user/.config/chromium/profile 1/User StyleSheets   and open that file with your text editor.
- it is empty by default, but you can  copy/paste a color theme from a template. Here is a good link http://darcyclarke.me/design/skin-your-chrome-inspector/

If you want to play with your own styles enter the following URL in a Chrome adress bar: chrome-devtools://devtools/devTools.css. Copy the content in a config file and you can now experiment.

Happy coding

No comments:

Post a Comment