Pair program with me! profile for carousel at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

9/23/2012

VIM editor tips

Vim is a text editor, common to Unix-like environments. And a lot more than that. Vim is a powerfull tool for coding, that has a cult status among developers. It is not so easy to master, but once you  find the key, you'll never stop using it.

I'm a dedicated Vim user, and like to discover new commands.
One thing that was frustrating me was a constant need to jump to ESC key every time when I wanted to go to COMMAND mode. It was hard and long hand-movement, and I was looking for something that is closer to my current hand position (asdf..).
The magic is in pressing  CTRL+c, and you are in the COMMAND mode, like with ESC key.

Happy Coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment